Friday, March 18, 2011

Pencil on Poplar...something for spring

I have been experimenting for awhile with pencil and graphite on different wood grains..trying to get a textured, transparent look yet still appreciate the wood grain is a challenge, as is finding "good wood" but I am really enjoying the challenge...I am goint o produce four "seasons" of ethereal female forms with different flowers in each drawing; this is "Spring." The Calla Lillies really reflect the enlongated, distorted neck of the girl, so I am happy with this one! Prints available soon, (in Myriad Studios Etsy shop found here....)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyriadStudios





"A good painting to me has always been like a friend. It keeps my company, comforts and inspires." -Hedy Lamarr


My favorite featured artist of the day:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54071764/n956-mussel-envy
This gal's company EXPERIMETAL from Seattle has amazing metal working skills and a very imiginative use of materials...beautiful!!! I don't know why this live link not working probably user error lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment